Currently cooking: Popoyo, Nicaragua
Serves: 2 (4 pancakes)
Total prep: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total cost per person: 0.42
Remainder budget left for beer: $19.58
2 ripe bananas - 0.03/banana
2 eggs- 0.33/egg
1/2 cup rolled oats- $2 bag- 0.50 - 1/4 bag
1-2 tsp cinnamon ( to taste) more is better in my opinion
Serve with : maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, fresh fruit
Optional add ins: blueberry, chocolate chips, nuts
- Mash 2 bananas in bowl
- Stir in two beaten eggs
- Slowly add rolled oats until you get the consistency of regular pancake batter
- Add in other optional ingredients now such as: blueberries, chocolate chips, nuts and sprinkle with cinnamon, I use roughly 2 teaspoons, but you can add more/ less depending on how much you enjoy cinnamon. Mix well
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium high heat with a small amount of oil/ butter to coat.
- Pour batter into round 1/4 inch circles
- When the pancake appears to have cooked roughly 1-2 minutes, flip and cook other side.
- Continue to flip until both sides are nice and golden to insure pancake is cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup, peanut butter, fresh fruit, berry compotes, chocolate sauce & basically anything else you can think of!